I enjoyed competing at events all over the country and was lucky enough to represent my country abroad too. In fact by being picked to go to these overseas events I was able to take my first ever flight, and also enjoy my first ferry experience...but what else did I get out of running?
I've listed a number of areas below which I feel I was able to learn more about and improve upon during my time running as a junior - many of which I feel are valuable life skills which helped me in a number of other areas of my life. Running helped me......
- Build Confidence
- Learn to set goals
- Build new group of friends
- Desire to succeed
- Demonstrate determination
- Will power - realising anything is possible
- Commitment - recognising that nothing comes easy
- Team work - the importance of encouraging others
- Focus - the importance of applying yourself at the right times - getting the most of your training.
If the kids in my training group learn and grow from some of the experiences above while having fun at the same time then I can't ask for anything more and they would have got more than just fitness out of the sessions.
I am here to help, support and encourage. If you have any questions I'd be happy to hear from you.
Telephone: 07532 134 135 or email me below.